The book provides valuable insight and inspiring anecdotes geared toward new and experienced teachers alike. Read it from cover to cover or focus on specific chapters—either way, you’re sure to find high-quality, helpful information to guide you in planning for the school year.
Filled with tried-and-true tips and firsthand knowledge, the Empowering Educators series includes information on how to:
- Implement developmentally responsive teaching practices
- Establish schedules, routines, and procedures, and set up the physical classroom space
- Build and maintain a positive classroom community
- Set high expectations and engage all learners
- Partner with parents to better support students and their families
- Understand educators’ own needs to be effective and fulfilled
Free discussion questions now available! These chapter-by-chapter questions will deepen your learning and help you apply the book’s strategies to your own setting.