Run meetings that educators look forward to and leave feeling invigorated. Interactive structures make staff meetings, study groups, and other PD sessions more engaging, meaningful, and productive.
Easy to do and to lead, the tried-and-true learning structures in this book have been honed by facilitators in Responsive Classroom workshops. You’ll find ideas for large-group brainstorming, small-group problem solving, partner idea exchanges, and much more. Use them to:
- Introduce new material
- Deepen understanding
- Reflect on learning and develop action steps
- Assess comprehension
- Solve problems collaboratively
Includes a guide to help you choose the best structure for the adult learners in your group, practical tips for success, variations to keep things lively, and examples showing each structure in action.
(in PDF format)
- “Energize Your Meetings!” (excerpt from the Introduction)
- Learning Structures at a Glance (Chart)
- “Carousel,” “Inside-Outside Circles,” “Museum Walk” (Sample structures)