What you say—and how you say it—can help students develop confidence, competence, and self-control. The Power of Our Words offers practical tips, real-life anecdotes, and concrete examples on how to use your words to build a positive classroom community and increase student engagement.
- The “Three Rs” of teacher language: reinforcing, reminding, and redirecting
- Listening and skillfully using silence
- Saying what you mean and meaning what you say with brief, concrete, and specific instructions and feedback
- Stretching student thinking with open-ended questions
- Using language to help students envision success
Free discussion questions now available! These chapter-by-chapter questions will deepen your learning and help you apply the book’s strategies to your own setting.
There are no reviews yet.