The Bridge Forward is the road map to successfully preparing students with the skills they require to transition into and out of middle school. With resources for teachers, leaders, and parents, this program results in less anxious students who are better prepared for all the exciting experiences that wait for them in their new school!
Parents know their students best and see firsthand the emotional impact that a major change takes on their child. Parents who receive the Transition to High School Parent Guide can help their child practice key high school skills outside of school; they can also learn new tips to help ease the anxiety that comes with the transition to high school. This guide includes:
- Information about child and young adolescent development
- An overview of key skills for transitioning to high school
- Ways parents can help their child learn key transitional skills
- Tips to help ease the anxiety that comes with the transition to high school
- Problem-solving scenarios
- Tips for preparing for life beyond high school