Teachers know it instinctively, research bears it out: students learn more—and with more joy—when academics connect with their lives and interests while challenging them to stretch and grow.
In this book, you’ll find lesson plans, clear directions, planning guides, and practical strategies for creating active, interactive, relevant, and exciting lessons.
You’ll learn to:
- Partner and group students for optimal learning
- Use interactive learning structures to get students up and moving while supporting purposeful learning
- Meet rigorous learning goals while incorporating acting, drawing, and debating into daily lessons
- Use the three-part lesson structure of opening, body, and closing
- Infuse lessons with choices to increase students’ ownership of their learning
- Incorporate self-assessment tools to help students monitor and evaluate their work and identify ways to improve their learning
Download and print planning guides (PDF)
- Interactive Modeling Planning Guide
- Guided Discovery Planning Guide
- Role-Play Planning Guide
- Lesson Planning Guide
- Academic Choice Planning Guide