You’re teaching 2nd grade this year. What do you need to know? In a warm, conversational style punctuated with anecdotes and examples from her own classrooms, Margaret Berry Wilson reviews second graders’ common developmental characteristics and shares practical know-how on topics such as:
- Arranging a circle, desks, and tables
- Choosing and storing supplies
- Scheduling a child-centered day and teaching daily routines
- Planning special projects and field trips that maximize learning and build community
- Understanding the special concerns of second graders’ parents and finding the best ways to communicate with them
Part of the What Every Teacher Needs to Know K–5 Series! Buy a set of these grade-level books and get all 6 grade-level titles for the price of 5!
5+ copies: $17.10 each