Department: Marketing & Communications
Supervised By: Director of Marketing & Communications
The Marketing and Communications Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing campaigns that promote CRS’ programs, products and services. This position requires creativity, project planning and management, data collection and use and strong interpersonal skills. This position will work closely with other members of a matrixed marketing team, (developers, designers) to determine the goals and outcomes of each project and how the activities fit in the overall marketing strategy for each program, product or service. They are also responsible for using a variety of marketing and promotional tools to achieve the campaign’s objective and will be responsible for monitoring all phases of each campaign to ensure it runs smoothly. They are responsible for working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure each campaign’s effectiveness. This position is also responsible for collecting and managing data and using it to tell impactful stories in compelling, interesting and fun ways.
This position is responsible for marketing and communication that raises brand awareness and recognition, increases desirability of CRS programs, products and services, ensures CRS and/or its programs achieves its annual goals and maintains and reinforces brand integrity.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Planning, coordinating and managing campaigns for CRS programs and services
- Work closely with the Director to develop detailed plans for promotions in line with the overall marketing strategy.
- Clearly articulate the goals and intended results of each campaign.
- Develop and manage to deliverables timelines that cover the planning and design, development, testing and production of campaign and materials for an on-time launch.
- Ensure each campaign includes a full-spectrum of digital, print and social media tools and activities.
- Collaborate with team members to monitor and ensure the effectiveness of each campaign.
Writing, research and data use
- Write marketing and social media content in a clear, concise, crisp and compelling manner; free of grammatical and syntactical and spelling errors.
- Excellent journalistic writing style
- Write website content that maximizes SEO
- Content writing that represents CRS and its programs, products or services accurately and in line with expectations for preserving brand integrity.
- Inclination to learn and conduct research to enhance ability to present program, product and service in an accurate and well-informed manner.
- Works closely with the Director to collect data that informs marketing efforts, can be used to increase leads and to tell compelling data stories that are relevant and important to current and prospective clients and present CRS as a leader in the SEL industry.
Conference and Event Planning
- Plans, collaborates across the organization and executes on all aspects of conferences that CRS hosts.
- Works closely with the Director to create, and updates on an annual basis, a calendar of conferences (1) regional educator; (2) professional associations; (3) international education; (4) SEL and general education for raising awareness, promoting and generating sales of CRS’ programs, products and services.
- Ensures that the marketing conferences are staffed by the appropriate representatives and they have what they need to be effective at the conference.
- Collaborates on the development of Marketing Consultant guides for use by those presenting at marketing conferences.
Digital Promotional, Informational, Communication Products
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan and implement a regular schedule for producing a wide range of print and digital, informational and communication materials including, but not limited to brochures, newsletters, catalogs, cards, blog posts, social media posts, webinars, etc.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders on establishing content and visual direction for products
- Manage production to timeline and budget.
Planning, Creativity and Resilience
- Effective planning, follow-through, time management.
- Takes and responds to feedback on marketing products
- Turns new and imaginative ideas into reality by finding hidden patterns, making connections between incidents, events or trends and generating solutions.
- Uses both conventional methods and critical problem solving to address each situation from a creative viewpoint.
- Can communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, communications, journalism or related field
- At least 3 years’ successful marketing project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and strong work ethic
- Strong organization, decision-making, and customer service skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google Suite
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Caring for and commitment to the mission and vision of CRS
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to travel to conferences and events as needed
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours/day with breaks and lunch.
- Ability to talk on the phone for up to 4 hours/day.
- Ability to travel by airplane and automobile, occasionally.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click here.