Department: Program Development
Supervised By: Principle Scientist
The Data Analyst will apply data processing and statistical methods to collect, organize, interpret and summarize numerical data to provide useful information. This is a highly analytical position that will play a key role in leveraging data and communicating findings to help the organization make smarter, data-driven decisions across departments. This position requires the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, work as part of a team, and maintain a strong attention to detail. The position reports to the CRS Principal Scientist.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and prioritize organization and information needs to (a) understand the K-12 market; (b) inform CRS outreach, dissemination, and marketing strategies; and (c) increase the visibility of findings from various data collection efforts occurring throughout the organization.
- Identify and define new processes for data collection, recommend opportunities to improve these processes, and document structures and types of data collected across CRS departments.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases and data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret descriptive or inferential trends or patterns in various data sets, test and validate the data sets, and report findings.
- Filter, clean, interpret, and analyze data using statistical techniques and software while providing ongoing reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, Statistics, or related discipline that requires use of quantitative data analysis techniques to solve problems.
- Expertise in database design development, data mining and data segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and programming.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g., Excel, STATA, R SPSS, and SAS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings numerically and graphically.
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours/day with breaks and lunch
- Ability to talk on the phone for up to 4 hours/day
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. on occasion
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click here.