DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Copywriter reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and is responsible for supporting all writing and editorial needs of CRS by helping to develop, write, edit, and proofread a variety of print and digital content for marketing and communication products and materials. The Copywriter must be able to create and adhere to style sheets and guides, to write and edit skillfully for different audiences and purposes, work efficiently on multiple projects concurrently, and meet deadlines effectively. Assignments given to the Copywriter have clear, and sometimes short, deadlines. To ensure the fluid communication needed for high-quality, timely work, this is an on-site position.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contributing to the writing, editing, copyediting, background research, and proofing stages of running a successful marketing/communication campaign which will include the advertising, selling, and delivering of books, curriculum, articles, promotional emails, workshops, courses, print materials, online content, videos, and various other products.
- Adhering to a monthly calendar for digital content such as, but not limited to, online blogs, articles, social media posts, and website content.
- Writing or editing material for print and digital newsletters, catalogs, websites, emails, and other marketing pieces.
- Adheres to schedules and deadlines for assigned projects, supporting the writing and editing of materials as needed across the organization.
- Building and maintaining foundational knowledge of Responsive Classroom principles and practices and Fly Five content and products.
- Staying informed of current educational trends and SEL-adjacent topics.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with writers and project collaborators and to work cooperatively with various teams.
- Appreciates and values diversity. Represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in writing and editing for an organization, preferably in education publishing
- Ability to work on a PC.
- Experienced in MS Word, is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organization, decision-making, and customer service skills
- Able to take direction, feedback, and edits from reviewers with varying roles and backgrounds
- Manage multiple priorities while attending to details
- Interest in education and organization’s mission
- Perform effectively as a team player in a highly-collaborative work environment
- Regular and reliable attendance, onsite position
- Building knowledge of Fly Five customers, website users, and programs by periodically attending events as required.
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day, with breaks and lunch.
- Ability to talk on the telephone for up to 4 hours per day.
- Ability to travel by airplane and automobile, on occasion
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.Apply