DEPARTMENT: Professional Learning
SUPERVISED BY: Chief Professional Learning Officer
The Staffing Assistant is responsible for staffing assignments for Responsive Classroom services and supporting success in delivery of RC Services by acting as a point of contact for per diem consulting teachers and Educational Consultants and Coaches as it relates to communicating and problem staffing assignments, ensuring prompt responses are provided to staffing questions and concerns at all levels.
The Staff Assistant is responsible for supporting the Staffing Manager, all RC CTs and all CRS systems. This position ensures the successful delivery of RC Services, organizing and supporting all capacity-building activities, processes and systems.
This position works closely with the Staffing Manager and collaboratively across many departments to coordinate and ensure RC services are successfully staffed and delivered.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Staffs Responsive Classroom Services (advertised and contractual)
- Works closely with the Staffing Manager to plan and schedule staffing assignments
- Responsible for obtaining and verifying RC CT availability to present.
- Communicates customer requests, provision of services, with consulting teachers with an understanding of the capacity of the presenter
- Ensures staffing efficiency by working closely with the Staffing Manager by participating in planning, implementation, and evaluation of systems and processes for staffing RC contracts and advertised events
- Maintains records for all consulting work through management systems and software
Supports Success in Delivery of RC Services
- Ensures RC CTs complete required documentation before and after assignments through tracking, recording, and following up with individuals.
- Promptly responds and/or seeks guidance from the Staffing Manager to resolve staffing assignment issues that arise for all stakeholders.
- Makes every effort to align staffing assignments to any specific needs and requests expressed by the customer.
- Supports RC CTs in trouble-shooting and problem solving travel issues and other related service delivery concerns.
- Creates and maintains a friction-free communication channel between the RC CTs when they are preparing to present, presenting or closing a presenting service.
Organizing and maintaining capacity-building activities, processes and systems.
- Works closely with Staffing Manager to maintain and routinely evaluate systems to track and monitor CRS’s presenting capacity.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date database, digital, and paper files of consulting teachers.
- Strengthens positive professional relationships with per diem and teleworking staff by participating in trainings, review sessions and other departmental events and gathering that provide such opportunities.
- Observes Responsive Classroom workshops and courses as required.
- Participates in the development, management, and leading of orientation sessions for new per diem hires as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Appreciates and values diversity. Represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours/day with breaks and lunch
- Ability to talk on the phone for up to 3 hours/day
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to travel by airplane and automobile on occasion; some travel is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma, Associate’s degree or equivalent college courses preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google suite
- Ability to communicate assignments and changes with all stakeholders in a professional manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple (and sometimes competing) tasks, maintain records, and to work with interruptions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Consistently demonstrates a positive, courteous, and friendly attitude
- Willing to learn new duties and technology-related skills as required. CRS software programs (i.e. Hubspot, Salesforce) and web application software related or similar to what is used in this position.
- Self-directed and self-motivated in job-related tasks.
- Able to work in an open suite, highly collaborative environment.
- Exemplary orientation towards customer service
- Caring for CRS’ mission
Regular and reliable attendance is required. This position is an on- site
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required.